Welcome to the Town of New Carlisle

New Carlisle Police Department
124 E. Michigan Street, Lower Level
New Carlisle, IN 46552

New Carlisle Police Department
Phone: (574)654-3544
Fax: (574)654-3911
Emergency: 911






































What time is curfew for teens?

Teenagers ages 15, 16, and 17 should not be in a public place:

Children under 15 years of age should not be in a public place after 10:00 p.m. or before 5:00 a.m., unless they are accompanied by an adult.

Click here for the Town's municipal code on curfew.

How do I file a protective order?

To file a protective order, go to the basement of the Courthouse at 101 S. Main St. in South Bend.

How do I get a vehicle check for an out of state title?

Please contact the Police Department non-emergency number at 574-654-3544 to request an officer to obtain a VIN check. This service is provided to the residents of the town at no cost if you live within the town limits. If you live in the county with a 4 digit New Carlisle address, contact LaPorte County dispatch (219)362-6205. If you live in the county with a 5 digit New Carlisle address, contact St. Joseph County dispatch (574)235-9611.

How do I get rid of unwanted medications?

The Police Department has a prescription drop box located in the lower level of the town hall, which is available to the public Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To make arrangements to have an officer meet you on station for drop off other than business hours, call (574)654-3544, if it is after business hours please call (574)235-9611. Please empty pills into a zip lock bag. No needles, inhalers, liquid medications.

I'm going on vacation and want to make sure my home is safe, how can I do this?

Before taking your vacation, please come to the Police Department to fill out a home watch form. You may also click here to print the form and drop it off to us at the Police Department. We can check up on your house for suspicious activity while you are away, and contact you if there is any problem. Please remember to not post your vacation plans on social media.

How do I register my pet?

Pet registrations and tags are available through the Clerk's office, hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

How do I get a background check?

The New Carlisle Police Department does not perform background checks for the public. St. Joseph County Sheriff's Records Division performs background checks during their normal business hours. Indiana State Police offers a limited criminal history search, which can be done online, click here.

When can I set off fireworks?

No person may use, ignite, or discharge consumer fireworks within the town limits except during the following times:

 No person may use, ignite, or discharge consumer fireworks on any public street or in any public park within the town limits at any time.  To review all regulations regarding fireworks, click here.